mercoledì 2 aprile 2014

"DARK HORSE" summer trend 2014



"Dark Horse" is the brand new Katy Perry video and if you didn't watch it yet, you are out of this world! (I'll leave the YouTube link down below to enjoy this amazing song)
It's a powerful and strong track accompanied by a cool and colored video.
I always like to get a closer look to the fashion part: clothes, accessories, vibe of the entire outfits. And in this particular one, I really enjoyed the choices made by the fashion stylists. 

So I decided to share with you my thoughts about this incoming trend that will rule this summer season! Last year when I graduated in my Fashion studies, I designed a spring/summer 2014 collection and looking back to that book I recognized some similarities between my draws and "Dark Horse" video. 
I put all together and here it is the result, I hope someone will find inspiration for new summer outfits! :)




PALETTE 
The most important thing about this trend that I'm going to call "Dark Horse" is definitely color! Bright and powerful to wear next to darker ones.

-hot pink: this tone is the brightest one, it can be hot pink or coral pink if you prefer a less strong color. So you can go for the pinky side or for the almost orange one! My suggestion is if you have pale skin even in the summer, go for the hot pink. If you are tanned, the coral pink goes better with your skin. But you can try both and let me know which one works the best for you :)

-blue sky: go outside, look up and observe the sky's shade, a bright light-blue perfect for everyone. It works with every type of skin and hair color, even if you have red hair! You can choose a pale tone or a brighter one, it depends on how brave you are! 

-gold yellow: last but not least, this color is an evergreen. You can use gold in massive necklaces and jewelry or wear it with gold clothes. It's a strong color, so beware to don't put to much of it in your outfit! I think it looks better on tanned skins, on pale ones try to brighten up your look with small pieces of gold. 

-dark grey: this is not a summer color, but in this particular trend I'm going to use it to make a contrast. This is the key word for "Dark Horse" as you can see in Katy Perry's video. I didn't say black, because I think it's too strong. Dark grey is a perfect tone for darken a bit the look without being too boring. 






SHAPES
I want to focus on some cool pieces that you already can find in shops atm. 

-long skirts: they are so comfortable and wearable, really easy to use. I prefer the high waisted ones. If you are brave enough or if it's hot, you can choose some transparent fabrics or cutted shapes longer on the back and shorter on the front to show the legs. 

-high waist: you can find this items really everywhere right now. Last year was really hard for me to find high waisted shorts in Italy, I bought them in London. But last week I saw them in shops, so don't worry! I think this particular shade works really well on short girls (like me): your legs will look longer than they actually are and your waist will look thinner! 

-crop tops: I love this tops in every size! The only advice I want to give you is to remember to balance the volumes. If your skirt is long and large, go for a crop tight top. If you are wearing hot pants or skinny jeans (always high waisted!) try a large crop top! 

-round neck: this is for tops. I find the round neck really cool and on trend right now. I also like when it's a little bit high on the neck, actually! Let me know in the comments if you like it too!




























INSPIRATION
Last but not least, I want to talk about a few more things! 

-egyptian decorations: "Dark Horse" trend is all about mosaic applications and gold accessories that bright up your look. Don't be afraid to try new stuff: heavy necklaces and earring, gold massive rings and bracelets. I suggest you to buy some cool egyptian inspired ones, as Katy Perry in her video! 

-discovery: this is the key word that inspired me while drawing these figures. "Dark Horse" is about Egypt, but why don't research for other ancient civilizations? I also like a Maya inspiration, I find it really interesting. 





I finally ended this massive post! My last advice is to search for strange and ancient fashion styles and adapt them to your personal style. And don't be afraid to try new things!
I hope you enjoy this post and I hope someone will find new inspirations on their summer looks! Feel free to comment down below and telle me what you think!
As soon as I can I'll do a post with some summer outfits inspired by this trend!

Here's the "Dark Horse" video by the amazing Katy Perry :)








Love G.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento